Cleaning a Bunn coffee maker is quite easy even for the first time. And if you want to go by the owner’s manual, you should do it in every three months. However, it needs to clean more often if your source of water is hard.
Following the instructions given in this article will make sure your coffee maker live longer and continue giving great coffee.
Related: How to Use a Bunn Coffee Maker
- You can start your cleaning process by locating the spray head just beneath the top part of your machine. Make sure you already turned off the machine from the power source. Now, remove the spray head using your finger, clean it with water and keep it aside.
- You also received a probe with your machine to easily clean the hole where most of the lime deposits occur. Simply, put it through the hole that you already have seen after removing the spray head. Move the probe up and down through the hole for at least 10 times to get rid of the crusts inside.
- Before putting spray head back to its place, you should recheck if there is any clog or not. If so, you can unclog it with a toothpick or water it forcefully.
- Now, as you have done the critical part of the machine already, run regular water for several times to clean the whole machine. Do not rush as you will leave foams and soaps inside the machine which will damage the flavor of your coffee later on.
Minerals and sediments will continue building up inside your coffee maker because of the water you use either for brewing coffee or for cleaning purpose. Hard water cleaning will protect your machine from losing its life and taste. It is to make sure that your machine is getting calcium and magnesium which will help the performance grow.
Read More : 5 Best Espresso Machines Under $300
- The process of hard water cleaning is almost the same as the regular cleaning. At first, you will have to unplug the power source. After that, you will have to add around 1 quart of distilled vinegar on top of the brewer to start the process.
- You will immediately see the vinegar to flow and when it stops flowing, it is time to make sure that the decanter is empty.
- Now simply plug the machine on and keep it on for around two hours. The machine will start cleaning itself and when the time goes by, turn the switch off and turn the main power off too.
- Now again wash the whole machine using the regular water for at least one time. This will make sure that your machine lasts longer.
To have a perfectly delicious cup of coffee, you need to clean your Bunn Coffee maker depending on how frequently you use it. You can also have a look at Bunn.com, if you want to know more about how to clean a Bunn coffee maker.